My Photo
Name:
Location: Hermosillo, Mexico

Life insists on imposing itself like a bad house guest. I still look for meaning when most people around me are just trying to find the breaks. I'm attempting both and laughing so I don't cry. No one reads this sh*t.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Who needs you? (part 2)

So anyway, yeah, filling voids with ideals is the reason we invented art, pretty much. It’s like medicine for your ailing mind and soul. Need to emote? Haven’t cried in a while? Here, have some cathartic tragedy. Need to laugh through the tears? Have some pratfalls. Want to feel more attractive? Have a bunch of needless products… wait, I went off course there… or did I?

But it is important to realize that the further apart we grow from others the more we will have the need to consume in order to keep the balance in our minds and emotions. We are sold the idea that absorbing entertainment, art and commercial products will somehow cover up the rabbit holes in our subconscious, but the rabbit’s still down there so, it’s either gonna fight its way out or otherwise… you killed a rabbit. Asshole.

So what level of entitlement do we have towards these people who mix the cement that plugs the holes in our mental reservoirs? These emotional construction workers are, again, as much people and individuals as any of us, and like many of us, they can be entitled to being great at what they do while being flawed individuals. Maybe one of their flaws will be that they don’t like to be treated like totem poles. Maybe they dislike reading endless fanmail that gets repetitive after the fifth letter. Maybe they have self esteem problems of their own that make them sad or depressed that people think or expect so much of them and they feel like they can’t deliver on that level. I’d HATE for that to happen to me, I have trouble keeping up with my own expectations of myself… which I why I never get anything done XD.

I have cried for very few celebrity passings. Very few.  Can count them on one hand and have fingers left over to pick my nose. But what’s the deal about crying over the death of people you never met? I mean, I got to see George Carlin live before he died but I still cried and got sad for days when he did. I didn’t know him personally, but of course I felt like I was gonna miss out on a lot more stuff he could have done. But then, isn’t that a selfish thought? I cried buckets for Robbing Williams but that was another deal altogether. Robin Williams was a wakeup call for humanity, that we needed time to tend to each other better, and stop this gross belief that it’s every man for himself and we’re all looking out for number one. But under that rationale, aren’t people in position of general popularity also in a position to give more than the rest? As far as effort put into keeping people hopeful and positive? Maybe Robin Williams did that to an extent that he put others’ happiness before his own, but that, as we could all attest, is not healthy.

I felt super bummed when Maya Angelou passed away. I was MAD and sad as hell when Terry Pratchet passed away too. But those were, again, out of selfish desire to attain more wealth of knowledge, wisdom and all-caps-speaking reapers. But there are some people out there who are just so insanely awesome that I wish I could be of service to THEM. If I put out a service where I could be called any time, day or night, to lend an ear and extend a sincere opinion, thought, advice… would I become some form of art myself? Only if I were any good, I guess… it’s not like I would be seeking that anyway (retribution), I’ve done plenty for others without expectation of retribution already, and I love being of help to people I care about.

Has anyone ever just been the kind of person to just be like… “I like this so and so on the teevee, I want to meet this happy so and so… I will set it up immediately!” And just like that they had the power to summon anyone they deemed worthy of their time, maybe even friendship after a while? Does a creature this ratchet and vile exist in this world? Can anyone just summon their life-hole-spacklers and try them out like a freakin’ car out of the agency? And then DECIDE if they are a good fit and keep them around or just sashay the fuck out of their lives like anything?


OMG… that’s Oprah… I think I just described Oprah…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home