My Photo
Name:
Location: Hermosillo, Mexico

Life insists on imposing itself like a bad house guest. I still look for meaning when most people around me are just trying to find the breaks. I'm attempting both and laughing so I don't cry. No one reads this sh*t.

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Already there

So, I guess everyone has beliefs, even people who say they don’t. Belief is a personal choice, and where we place it can be a determining factor in how we present ourselves and how we are perceived. I work in a low key Christian school. Kids don’t have to subscribe to any specific belief system to be enrolled in the school, but they do have a class based on the teachings of the Bible. I like the Bible, I have little to nothing against IT. I kinda take offense to some of the people who attempt to interpret it, though, but that’s a subject for another day.

So I rock the Bible, I’m down with it, but I have yet to encounter a flock of like-minded people. I am respectful of others up to the extent to which they are also willing to be respectful of their fellow men and especially those with dissenting ideas. But the funny thing is, wisdom can come from THE most unexpected places. Take for example, my working theory of heaven. It was fleshed out and polished from the final act of a Hollywood cinematic… piece. A little gem of sorts called “This is the End”.

Now, I am okay with the works of Rogen and Franco, I dig it just fine as I do with anyone trying to push boundaries and slap the establishment on its buttcheeks. I do think their humorous attempts are sometimes too obvious and their supposed metaphors a little bit on the nose, but oh boy did I like the final act of TItE. You see, I always wondered about the souls of the dead, where we would go and whether we would be able to look over the ones left behind. I mean, if we already crossed over into the land of endless joy, it would be a wrench in the gears to have to see our living loved ones going through the throes of existence. Bliss would be blemished. But then I remember that time is a physical construct, I mean we can only sense the passage of time through our earthly vessel, so once we’re freed from it our essence should be timeless. So by following this logic… we don’t HAVE to wait for the ones we left behind, they’re ALREADY THERE.

You might be wondering how I went from Backstreet Boys musical finale to epiphany on life and death, but I can’t explain how my brain works. It just seemed a very comforting thought, infinitely better than “your *insert loved one* is watching you from heaven”... nah, biznatch, how about “YOUR LOVED ONE IS ALREADY ROCKING ETERNAL WITH YOU IN THE AFTERLIFE”? Is that just deluded, or kinda brilliant?


I can’t make that choice for you, I’m just putting it out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home