My Photo
Name:
Location: Hermosillo, Mexico

Life insists on imposing itself like a bad house guest. I still look for meaning when most people around me are just trying to find the breaks. I'm attempting both and laughing so I don't cry. No one reads this sh*t.

Sunday, August 08, 2004

The reason I don't bother


Why don't I bother? you ask?
Because it's not up to me.
Being there so many things that could be solved,
so many things worked out
It is not up to me.
You can call me on my lies, on my deceptions,
you can ask for my apologies
if they were not already so long ago given.
You could ask of me to make things right
But it is not up to me.
It is not up to me.
I can take you up on your expectations
I can jump through those fiery rings
I can send away the past and fix the future
But no end can be just based on me.
For you think I have none but myself at heart
yet I sent myself away to bid you peace
and you still hang on...
I would take myself away from your soul,
from your life,
from your heart
But you see...
it is not up to me.

We need to let it go.

Ode to my other self

Don't make me look,
I know what's there
I know because I gathered that
which can never be used
but still takes so much space.
Sing to me,
talk to me,
heal me,
show me what I am
through all the wonders that you hold.
I love my reflection
in those eyes I can not recall.
I love my heart,
myself,
in you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home