My Photo
Name:
Location: Hermosillo, Mexico

Life insists on imposing itself like a bad house guest. I still look for meaning when most people around me are just trying to find the breaks. I'm attempting both and laughing so I don't cry. No one reads this sh*t.

Friday, October 20, 2017

Dear Diary,

As usual, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Somewhere along the path of life, I guess one grows tired of the cacophony of dissenting opinions about what one should do. There comes a point when one realizes there is no one thing that is right for everyone, and one just throws one's hands in the air, like one just don't care, and one says "f*ck it! I'ma do whatever."

The start of this new attitude happened when I decided to start blogging my novel in small increments to gauge reader reaction. Or... to gauge... readers. As in, would there be any at all. So I fist cautiously dipped my toe in the water, full scuba gear on, in my Twitter feed. Got a couple of hits, felt good. I removed the scuba tank and posted on Tumblr. Few more hits. More of a good feeling. But not enough.

So, in the great spirit of the Hail Mary (the football play, not the prayer), I stripped to my birthday suit and posted the link to my novel blog in my facebook page.

What do I fear? I don't know... some might consider the story too personal, but it's really not. I think everyone draws inspiration from reality, but the characters became detached enough that I can just shrug off any opinions to the contrary. If anyone feels any part of it too personally they can take it up with themselves, honestly.

I fear that no one will care enough to read it, but that's a selfish concern. As long as whoever was meant to find it and benefit from the story does... that's all that matters. I have to stop thinking that nothing else will ever come out of my noggin. If that were true then I couldn't even begin to consider myself much of a writer.

I believe this will work out. I know it will. This will be good...

Please?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home